- Codice Tour: T13
- Id Tour: 14
The universe of Venice, "Serenissima Repubblica" - The treasures of the golden Basilica.
Visit the monuments of Venice, a city of glory and supremacy.
We are right in the heart of the city to visit the most famous locations in the history of Venice. The splendour of the thousand-year history of the Republic of Venice flows before us: its civilisation, enlightened government and supremacy over the seas and the Mediterranean nations.
Visit St Mark's Basilica and discover its treasures
Venice has always been proud of the affluence of St Mark's Basilica, a perfect reflection of its endeavours and its proximity to the Orient. Here Venetian art is a sumptuous amalgam of Byzantine, Romanesque and Gothic elements in celebration of God and the endeavours of the Republic of Venice. The five domes of Oriental inspiration enclose fabulous treasures: precious white marbles, blue enamels and pure gold mosaics. On the central terrace there are four bronze prancing horses in front of the façade. The iridescent mosaics of the interiors tell the stories of Saint Mark and episodes from the Old and New Testaments, while the mediaeval soul is captured in the saints appearing in the iconostases who act as guardians of the radiant Pala d’Oro and the Treasury of Saint Mark.
- St Mark's Square (St Mark's Basilica, Doge's Palace, the Bell Tower, the Clock Tower and the Procuratie);
- Santa Maria Formosa
- Campo SS. Giovanni e Paolo
- House of Marco Polo and the Malibran Theatre
- Return to St Mark's through the Mercerie, the vital road between Rialto and St Mark's and the city's main shopping district.
- Enter St. Mark’s Basilica through the St. Peter’s Door with skip the line access
- Visit the Basilica interior and hear a detailed description of the gold mosaics
- Admire the gem-encrusted Pala d’Oro
Official Recognized Tour
Reservations in Real Time
Are you ready for the tour?
Don't wait anymoreBook Now!
Periods and Meeting Points
Things to Remember
On request all excursions can be organized privately
- Each participant is required to present himself promptly to the meeting place
- The delay at the meeting point or the non-presence are grounds for cancellation of the right to reimbursement